Are you or someone you know currently experiencing homelessness?
If you or someone you know is in need of emergency housing, food assistance, or other emergency resources, please refer to the list of available resources below. You may also call our office at (617)-623-6111 for further assistance.
- Search for shelters in Massachusetts here.
- Apply for assistance with the Department of Housing
- Cambridge Multi Service Center – (617)-349-6340
- City of Somerville LGBTQIA Programs and Services Directory
- Cambridge Resource Directory
- Somerville and Arlington-Resource Guide
- ACCESS Needle Exchange – (857)-313-6800
Direct Assistance for Families
If your family, or a family you know, is currently experiencing homelessness, please refer to the resources below.
- Apply for housing through the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
- Access information through the Massachusetts Emergency Housing Assistance for Families
- For other useful resources, use this link
Direct Assistance for Individuals
If you are an individual experiencing homelessness, please refer to the resources below.
- CASPAR Emergency Care Center – (617)-661-0600
- FirstStep Outreach – (617)-592-6895
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters – (617)-423-9575
- Somerville Homeless Coalition’s Adult Shelter – Turnover at our Adult Shelter is low and capacity is limited, as we work with clients until they are housed and supported. Please be patient and call consistently to work towards receiving a spot at the shelter, (617) 623-2546.
Domestic Violence Services
Massachusetts Domestic Violence Resources
SafeLink 24/7 Hotline: (877) 785-2020
SafeLink Resources & Information
PO Box 555
Somerville, MA 02143
Hotline 9AM to 5PM, Monday – Friday: (617) 623-5900
FREE Community Meals
Click here for all local community meals
- Monday Night Meal: every Monday, 4:30 – 5:30 PM at First Congregational Church of Somerville, 89 College Avenue Somerville, MA. Meals are not held on Monday holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day etc. Open to non-Somerville residents. Map & Directions
- Come to the Table: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 5-7 PM at Connexion Church, 149 Broadway, Somerville, MA. Open to non-Somerville residents. Map & Directions
Emergency Food Pantries
Somerville Homeless Coalition has an emergency food pantry, located at the 1 Davis Square office. We have limited shelf-stable items. Please call 617-623-6111 or come into the office for assistance.
Somerville Family Food Resources
Additional Food Pantries:
- Project SOUP – (617) 776 7687
- Mystic Community Market – (617) 629 5120
Overdose Prevention Resources
Resources and steps to take in the event of an overdose
Massachusetts Overdose Prevention Information